The View From Oakwell
Saturday's game should provide a stern test for both sides, Vital Tyke, the editor of Vital Barnsley, has kindly given his views on his sides chances in the game on Saturday and in the coming season.
1. How do you rate you chances on Saturday at Oakwell?
We've played well so far and have come back to win in our last two games. Having said that Southampton are a good side and we would be happy with a draw.
2. Where do you think our respective teams will finish come May?
Southampton should be in a play-off position really whereas we'd be happy with a mid-table finish. I am confident we can stay up and with a couple more signings we can make more of an impression on the league.
3. Who do you think will win the Championship and why?
I think Birmingham will win, especially now that they've signed McSheffrey. They have a strong squad with some great players, I would be surprised if they did not go up.
4. Who do you rate as your star man, and why should we be aware of him?
So far Brian Howard has really looked impressive. He scored a wonder goal against Cardiff on the opening day and hit another screamer last Saturday. You'll have try make sure he doesn't get the chance to shoot.
5. Out of the Southampton players that you know, who do you think will cause you the most problems?
Bradley Wright-Phillips, his pace could cause problems for our defence we will have to mark him well. He seems to have been playing well so far, we'll have to make sure we're alert at the back early on so we don't concede first again.